Changes to Bristol City Council eProcurement Portal
The system we use to commission and manage contracts over £15,000 will change in early 2016.
This is part of a council-wide approach to improve our online services.
The new system, called ProContract, will allow you to manage new and on-going procurement processes.
From 25 January 2016 we will begin processing all new commissions on ProContract and begin migrating existing contracts to the new system.
ProContract has many benefits, including:
- It’s easy to use and intuitive
- A single registration process for the majority of Councils in the South West
- The ability to save your company information and use it for multiple procurement processes
- A smooth transition between procurement and contract management
- An accurate notifications system so that you are only contacted about opportunities that are appropriate for your organisation
- Clear video tutorial support throughout the procurement process
- Quicker procurement processes
Please be aware that if you were on our previous system you will not be automatically migrated onto the new, so we therefore ask you to complete a quick registration process via https://procontract.due-north.com to continue to receive notifications and express interest in Bristol City Council’s contract opportunities.
If you are already registered with ProContract, you need not register again.
There is NO charge for registering an account on the portal environment, however to take part in any of our purchasing activities going forward from January 2016, you must have an account registered on the portal.
Registration onto the portal can be done prior to the 25 January 2016. If you are already registered on this portal, please ensure you log in and edit your profile and ensure your account is up to date.
If you require any technical assistance please contact support desk at firstname.lastname@example.org